Irish Theatre & Drama
Welcome to Chicago Gaelic Park
Chicago Gaelic Park was established over 25 years ago with the purpose of promoting and
fostering of Irish culture, music and sports within the Irish & Irish-American community.
With tremendous grassroots support, it has exceeded all expectations and continues to grow.
This fifty acre site is bustling with activities
seven-days-a-week and contains:
The park hosts many wonderful Irish cultural, athletic, and social activities
throughout the year. Some of the most prominent would be:
And of course, we could not forget to mention our special annual events:
Finally, we would be remiss if we did not thank our promotional partners who help "get the word out".
- football & hurling games during the Summer months, on our nicely manicured pitch out back
- several theatre performances throughout the year, hosted by our nationally recognized Gaelic Park Players Theatre Troupe
- Irish Set & Ceili dance classes, run publicly by Gaelic Park for adults and privately for kids by several different dance schools
- a monthly mass & Irish breakfast, on the second Sunday of each month, November through May
- our Sunday Celtic supper, complete with a terrific hot buffet and live entertainment, every Sunday, between November and Mother's Day
- our very own Gaelic Park Queen Contest, held each March
- a wonderful opportunity for student creativity in our Student Cultural Scholarship Contest hosted each spring
- lessons and sessions hosted by the Irish Music School of Chicago
- our own radio show, hosted from Gaelic Park every Sunday evening
- a collection of hand-crafted Irish County Benches
With so much going on, it is hard to keep things straight so you can find these and many, many more events and activities on our Calendar of Events.
2012 Irish Fest Tickets